How do I Compact and repair a Jet
- The JET Database used by WinPST is growing in size and you
would like to recover unused space.
- When the Administrator is started you receive the error
Failed to access database! and the Users and
Registration Details are missing.
- The log files show the error ERROR No create access to
- The WinPST Server can crash during synchronization with an
It is recommended to periodically compact and repair your JET
database file(*.mdb) to help improve performance and to reduce file
size by recovering space from deleted items.
To compact your JET database file:
- Open the WinPST Administrator program;
- Select Home menu, and then
Compact button on toolbar;
- The compacting details will be generated in the pop up
- Click Close button to close it.
Note: This information only
applies to WinPST Server installed to use a JET database.